Skip the refined sugar, preservatives and processes snacks – these bars are a hit with the whole family and one batch won’t last longer than a day – you will be hooked! Great for school lunches, an afternoon snack or a nighttime treat, these bars are packed with protein and healthy fats. Great for keeping bellies full and brains clear and functioning.
Make these today!
Yields 12 bars.
- 1 1/2 cups puffed quinoa (I buy mine organic and puffed from Nuts.com)
- 1/2 cup tahini (I like this one) or sesame seed butter
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (I like this one)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp real Grade A maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (I like these ones)
- In a small sauce pan heat and stir tahini (or sesame seed butter), coconut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup – mix until smooth. Take off heat and add vanilla.
- Add quinoa and stir until well incorporated.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan (or another pan that size, doesn’t need to be exact) with parchment paper so that it comes up the sides and makes “handles”.
- If adding chocolate chips, wait 10 mins until batter cools so avoid melting the chocolate chips then add in and stir.
- Spoon mixture into the pan and smooth down until level and even.
- Put in freezer for a few hours then use parchment paper “handles” to remove the bars from the pan.
- Cut into 12 bars and store in fridge.
*This recipe was adapted from Kris Carr’s Quinoa Peanut Butter Crunch Cups
Enjoy!0 Show this post some love!