Let me count the ways!
- Coffee beans are one of the most heavily treated crops.
- Buying organic ensures no pesticides, GMOs, fake flavors or chemicals i.e. chlorine processing.
- Better taste.
- Pesticides sprayed on crops and soil become the food for subsequent crops.
- Pesticide runoff contaminates our drinking water.
- Coffee likes to grow in shade but with deforestation, new sun tolerant crops have been created = GMOs!
- Organic coffee is full of antioxidants and prevent inflammation and cancer.
- Coffee is aromatic and absorbs flavors from things around them weather it is pesticides or a cacao plant.
- Organic decaf is decaffeinated using a water method while non-organic decaf is chemically treated.
Make sure it is organic! Especially pregnant women, if you are ordering decaf, organic all the way!
If I’m not having a latte, I’m having this:
Fresh brewed organic coffee
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tsp honey
Blend until frothy.
What is your favorite brand of organic coffee?0 Show this post some love!