You know that feeling when you’re like; How did I ever live without this?! I’m sure it’s similar to the feeling people had when they discovered sliced bread or bottled water (blah) or cell phones. Like, I know I existed before this convenience but I really don’t remember HOW. I’m talking about 7 modern day technologies that have embedded themselves into my everyday. And here they are, in no particular order.
- MŪN Organic Headband, $18. The perfect tool for washing your face without subsequently washing your hair. This headband it great for getting hair out of your face so you can keep your hair styled but also gives you access to all of your skin. Plus it’s super thick and it has a good texture to it so it stays put. Not to mention its ORGANIC!
2. Soap Saver by OSMIA, $2. I can’t say enough about this little soap dish! It has holes in it so it prevents water from accumulating in the dish. And it also has raised nubs to elevate the soap so that air can get under it to keep the bottom of the bar dry. The best part though!? You can run it through the dishwasher! Small enough to put anywhere but big enough to handle any size bar. This little tool has prolonged the shelf life of so many of my bars, I can’t even tell you what a game changer it is!
3. AILA Better Than Gel, $17. And it kind of is! So the power of this little top coat really struck me a few weeks ago when I got a pedi at The St. Regis spa here in Atlanta. Naturally, I brought my own product and I was trying this top coat for the first time. I love pedi’s but they often only last a day or two – thanks to my one bum toenail. Yeah, I’m talking to you second from the end. My non-existent toenail gets painted and, like clockwork, flakes off in a day or two. I know you guys feel bad for me but seriously! When you get a pedi, you want it to last. Well, with this top coat my pedi lasted WEEKS! Like, longer than any pedi I’ve ever had (conventional or green). This top coat brings some serious staying power and in the world of nontoxic polish, it’s super clean too.
4. Resurfacing Moisture Mask by True Botanicals, $90. You want a QUICK nontoxic peel!? This is it! This mask DEEPLY exfoliates, hydrates and moisturizes leaving skin glowing. And the best part!? Max masking time is 2-5 minutes. A quick mask in the morning and you will be glowing and ready for the day! I use this a couple of times a week or whenever my skin starts looking dull. LOVE IT! Oh and code: LISATRUE20 will save first timers on order of $40+.
5. Maya Chia Waterless Wonderbalm, $42. Mostly I use this for my lips. It’s like the BEST LIP BALM you will ever own! Provides shine and hydration and leaves lips feeling SO SOFT! But the great thing about this balm is you can really use it for anything. Hands, cuticles, raw cheeks + noses, dry patches. Sometimes I will even use it as an eye cream because I’m crazy like that. Can’t. Get. Enough. See my full review here.
6. Go Pure Water Purifier, $24.95. I’ve been loving this in my reusable water bottle (I’m looking at you: Healthy Human Cruiser)! This little purification pod is a game changer. Too many times I am out with the kids and we are refilling our water bottles from the bubbler or the tap. Or when I’m traveling there’s not always an option for fresh, glass bottled, spring water. Or even at the gym when I’m refilling with “filtered water” and wondering, Is this water really filtered!? And now that I mention it, my kids get their water bottles refilled at school – and who knows where that water is coming from.
So anyways, you keep this little pod in your water bottle and it filters up to 264 gallons of water and lasts for about 6 months. It takes out 99% of Lead and Arsenic + 97% of Chlorine and Fluoride among other contaminants. It’s made with a BPA-free plastic outer and a ceramic inner (made from Diatomaceous Earth) that also balances pH and remineralizes. And it’s recyclable. Code ORGANICGIRL20 will save you 20%!
7. Max And Me Face Cloth, $20. Where do I even start!? Who knew a wash cloth could be so impactful!? From the first moment I used this cloth, I knew there was something different about it. It’s super fine and gets saturated with the quickness. And because it’s so fine, it is gentle on my face which feels amazing. But the texture is really where it’s at. It kind of has this grip to it so when you are wiping an oil or a cleanser off your face it grabs everything along with it leaving my face totally clean and product free. The texture of the cloth also provides a gentle exfoliating effect which is incredible. All I can say is I need like 6 more of these.
What are you loving to the point of not being able to turn back?!