When it comes to gifts for teens, it feels like the trends shift FAST. What’s cool one day is totally out the next, and suddenly, they’re left with piles of stuff they don’t want or need. So, we’re tackling what can feel impossible: gifts that they’ll actually want to use for longer than a few weeks. Keep scrolling for fresh, eco-friendly and practical ideas for all budgets.
By: Lisa Fennessy
This post contains some affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase, TOG receives a small percentage of the sale price. Some brands may have paid a small fee to be featured. We only recommend brands that we truly believe in. Support our editorial work by supporting them!
The day we bought our kids a game system, it immediately negated every other toy we’d ever bought them. If I had known that, I would have waited a bit longer (sigh). These days it can sometimes feel like, outside of their phone, what else do teens really want?
Well, we are here to give you a few ideas that will get their heads turning. First, if you are buying for someone who likes makeup, let us introduce you to Henné Organics Luxury Lip Tints. These lip tints are just that: a tint of color, nothing more, nothing less, which makes them great for teens.
They are also super moisturizing and made with 88% organic ingredients that nourish lips like organic coconut oil, organic castor seed oil, organic jojoba seed oil, organic beeswax and more. Plus they come in a chic tube that will make them feel *so adult*. I love the color Blissful, which is a striking understated raspberry.
We also love the idea of gifts that support mental health which is why we’ve included an easy to use guided journal, affirmation decks and books to help tweens through puberty.
And if you are looking for more ways to support, consider the Jeremiah Program which helps disrupt the cycle of poverty for single mothers through housing assistance, childcare (and early childhood education), coaching, college education, career training, life skills and the power of community. (100% of JP recent graduates are able to afford safe housing.)
IN THIS POST:
Sustainable Gifts Under $30 for Teens
- Henné Blissful Luxury Lip Tint ($21) or Luxury Lip Balm ($19)
- Olive & June Recycled Press-on Nails ($10)
- Rael Beauty Invisible Spot Stickers ($10)
- 5 Minute Journal ($30)
- ILIA Small Wonders Gift Set ($29)
- Pact No Show GOTS Certified Socks ($14)
- LE RGB Color Changing Light Bulb ($17)
- Celebrate Your Body And Its Changes Too Book ($14)
- Innersense I Create Hold Boys Strong Hair Gel ($26)
- Cell Phone Lens Kit ($29)
- The North Face Recycled Beanie ($26)
- Portable Solar Charger ($26)
- Nat + Noor Hair Clips ($12)
- Petit Vour Beauty Subscription Box ($20/month)
- I Am Everything Affirmation Deck ($15)
- Cameo Happy Holidays Greeting ($30+)
Sustainable Gifts Under $100 for Teens
- Makeup Mirror ($93)
- Cocokind Breakout Besties Duo ($34)
- Soy Candle Making Kit ($32)
- bkr Spiked 1L Water Bottle ($58)
- Mt. Lai Balancing Trio Set ($76)
- Buffalo Plaid Organic Cotton PJ Pants ($85)
- Recycled Travel Pillow ($55)
- OSMIA Two Step Skincare Routine ($84)
- Able Gold Letter Necklace ($65)
- Dazzle Dry Gel-Like Nail Kit ($60)
- Le Prunier Plum Beauty Oil ($72)
- Patagonia Better Sweater Fleece Gloves ($49)
- Everlane Fanny Pack ($35)
- WWF Elephant Slippers ($60)
- Keepsake Travel Map ($59+)
- Patagonia Boy’s Diamond Quilt Hoodie ($89)
Sustainable Gifts Over $100 for Teens
- Girlfriend Collective High Rise Pocket Legging ($88) + Super Stretch Tank ($44)
- Sheertex Tights in a fun poppy color ($99)
- Day Owl Recycled Backpack ($145)
- The Big Beanbag Company Eco-Friendly Bean Bag Chair ($275)
- House of Marley Eco-Friendly Wireless Headphones ($151)
- Nintendo Switch ($349)
- True Botanicals Clear Pure Radiance Oil FTW ($110)
- Avocado Hass Cropped Hoodie and Joggers ($110 each)
- Doc Martens Vegan Platform Boots ($200)
- Baloo Weighted Blanket ($149)
- JBL Flip 5 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Recycled Plastic Speaker ($129.99)
- Tradlands Coveralls ($237)
- Adidas Trail Runners made from recycled ocean plastic ($180)
What will your teen love?