1. Clove + Hallow Lip Velvet’s are the closest thing you will find to a green beauty lip stain and they are only $18…but that’s not all! Read why I am crushing hard on these lippies here.
2. The hostest gifts! A clean wine subscription! Dry Farms has a happiness guarantee and will replace or refund any wine you don’t love. #nobrainer
3. Just grabbed this mattress protector. It caught my eye because it’s waterproof and made with organic cotton. FYI pee is the number one way to ruin a mattress. Starts at $59!
5. In August, news broke that Cheerios, Quaker Oats, and other breakfast cereals were contaminated with glyphosate weed killer. And recently, more news of glyphosate in snack bars. Now we learn we must also be looking at the most popular breakfast beverage, orange juice, as well.
6. Tried Acupuncture this week for the first time. If you’re interested in this but intimidated by the price, look for a place that offers community acupuncture – you can save up to 50% this way! PS, I only went once so far but didn’t really hurt at all and I felt pretty mellow the rest of the day. I’m going for IBS, PMS and mood/hormone balance but people go to treat a myriad of things like headache, neck pain, dental pain, respiratory disorders…
7. Fitglow Beauty Lip Serums. Mic drop. I mean if you haven’t tried these yet, GIRL! Get it together! These new age lip glosses are not only not sticky, but they go on smooth, light, add the perfect amount of sheen. But the kicker is they are filled with antioxidants to improve lip cell structure and overall lip health = diminished fine lines and full, soft lips. Check out their Holiday Duo featuring two new shades: Juice (perfect for everyday) and Deep (great for night). Two words: stocking stuffer! Try it here!
8. Totally been washing my clothes with just this bag of magnesium. I don’t really get how it works but guys – I think it really does! I’ve been smelling my clothes like a fiend but it hasn’t let me down yet! And guess what, one bag lasts 365 loads!
9. Clean personal care staples for guys? I’ve got you covered. Consider your boo’s stocking stuffed!
10. The organic industry says U.S. sales of its products jumped 11 percent last year alone, to more than $39 billion – The industry estimates that organics now make up almost 5 percent of total food sales in the United States. We have come so far but we still have so much work to do. Keep voting with your dollar friends and create that demand for healthy, pesticide-free, organic food.
11. Pique Tea Crystals are in the HOUSE! So long Crystal Lite, there’s a new kid on the block and she’s organic, screened for pesticides, heavy metals, harmful mycotoxins (toxic mold) – not to mention, keto friendly, paleo, naturally vegan and gluten free. This is basically like taking your tea on the go. Add it to hot or cold water (like Crystal Lite or Kool-Aid…but not) and enjoy. Cold Brew Crystallization process extracts up to 12x the antioxidants vs regular tea.
12. “I got divorced last year and something a friend told me stuck with me. When I described myself as ‘divorced,’ she said, ‘No…you’re single. You got a divorce, but it’s not what defines you.’ That helped me feel freed from the scarlet letter I felt I was walking around with.” This quote really spoke to me. More ways friends are supporting friends through breakups here.
13. Okay I’ve been keeping it to myself but not on purpose – SORRY! Save $49 on these two MAHALO must-haves. Seriously guys, this balm cleanser is top two – a lemony, cacao, green solid balm that works to take everything off including eye makeup – it even emulsifies with a little water. Leaves my skin soft, clean and just so happy. Not to mention this deal includes one of my fave masks ever. The Bean. Smells divine, detoxifies, brightens, soothes, softens and gently exfoliates congestion. In love with this duo! Makes a great gift for your mama, sister or boo!
14. WalletHub’s Fattest Cities Report was just published and Mississippi was named the fattest state in the US. Georgia was ranked 14th…I mean the fried chicken here is kinda TDF…I even found a killer GF one here!
15. OSMIA released their limited edition winter soaps this week – Winter Solace, Evermint and Spark. HOLLA! If you can only choose one, go with Evermint! These make awesome stocking stuffers.
16. INIKA Organic Gift Sets: This is basically a BOGO situation – the best of it’s kind. Several kits available to choose from and all of them include the INIKA mascara – one of my faves! Event begins now and extends through Nov 14. Order fulfillment will begin Nov 21. These Limited Edition Collections will ONLY be available during this time. (I personally don’t love their liquid liner – it has a messy application for me FYI). My pick is The Ultimate Glow Set (shown above). You get to try their foundation brush, foundation (so good), mascara (love) and baked illuminator – a $167 value for $90! Jump on it – shop here!
THE LOCAL: ATLANTA
1. November 11: Join me at Well Scene! A one day event for women to go and get their wellness on! I have a feeling this is going to be amazing guys! Code LISA will save you at check out. See you there?
2. It baffles me that there aren’t more hip hop yoga classes in Atlanta. I mean ATLANTA! The music capital of the US! Anyways, my girl Jaimee knows what’s up.
3. November 16: Hit up Kjaer Weis’s master class at Aillea. This is a great way to get your foundation matched by a green beauty makeup artist, icon and brand founder!
4. November 17: Hell Yeah Gluten Free is doing a pop up at Flora Fauna from 12-3pm. I’ll be there getting my GF pumpkin/espresso/cardamom cinnamon bun with cream cheese frosting ON!
5. Thanksgiving weekend hit up The Rink at Park Tavern. Back and better than ever, Park Tavern is redefining what is old is new again during Fire & Ice – a brand new, enchanted wintertime experience for all ages. Starting at just $15 to skate all day on non-peak season days, patrons can enjoy a completely transformed environment that boasts a Neo-Victorian feel, charming holiday decor, fire pits, fun and games, special events, seasonal signature cocktails, and delicious fare, all while taking in the unobstructed views of Piedmont Park and the Midtown skyline.
6. November 17, 12-4pm. Partygoers can expect a 99% chance of wine and make pour decisions during The Uncorked Atlanta Wine Festival at Park Tavern in Piedmont Park. Imbibers are invited to sip and savor over 50 varieties of complimentary wine and craft beer tastings, including an extensive list of cabernets, chardonnays, merlots, Park Tavern’s handcrafted brews, and much more.
7. December 13 5:30-8:30pm. Intro to sewing at Topstitch – make this Frame clutch. What!? YES!
Cover art: Karan Singh