1. It’s not too late (thank gosh) to get a bottle of clean wine for a PENNY! I just ordered more too – I can’t get enough of Dry Farm! Tasty, clean and did I tell you it’s even Keto friendly!? Buy through this link and they will add a penny to your order and an extra bottle too – no code needed!
2. Credo is having a 20% off Friends and Family sale! Green beauty goodies galore! Shop here and use code CLEAN20 through 11/4 to save. And guys! They carry African Botanics! Their Fleurs D’Afrique Intensive Recovery Face Oil is formulated with a plant-based retinol and I saw a difference in my skin after using it for JUST A WEEK! If you are looking to even hyper pigmentation or lighten sun spots, this will do it. And I don’t say that lightly! It ain’t cheap but you can literally save $50 this weekend only!
3. Last week leading toxics experts released a scientific paper in the journal PLOS Medicine warning of the dangers widely-used agricultural pesticides pose to children’s health and development. The authors found that exposure to organophosphate pesticides, even at low levels previously considered safe, can lead to cognitive problems in children, like reduced IQ, developmental delays and increased risk of learning disabilities. This makes me so sad and just gets me all sorts of fired up to continue the good fight.
5. Got a couple OSMIA body oils in the mail this week – gosh they should change their tagline to OSMIA KNOWS OILS. The sink right in, moisturize like a boss and smell fantastic. I’ve tried them all and Night is still my fave.
6. Speaking of Dr. Sarah from OSMIA, she totally turned me on to the UP AND VANISHED podcast – for all you Serial lovers – you gotta tune in! One episode in and I am HOOKED!
7. Oh no. Is my glass water bottle bad for me now too!? This NCIB article sites water packaged in glass bottles contained 26-57 times more lead than comparable waters bottled in polyethylene plastic. I can’t.
9. Almond Cow – have you heard of it!? It’s totally rocking my world. I can legit make any combo of clean nut milks in LESS THAN 5 MINUTES! Hemp/coconut, cashew/vanilla, almond/oat – I mean the options are endless, the taste delicious, the convenience out of this world – but the best of all? It’s the cleanest nut milk you can get your hands on because you control the process from start to finish..Save $15 when you use code THISORGANICGIRL – shop here!
10. LEGIT can not get over these Clove + Hallow Lip Velvets, I mean, check out this one in Fiesta!!!! And best part? It stays all day. No wait, best part? It’s only $18! For more budget beauty check out my Organic Budget Beauty Buying Guide!
11. I ate two cloves of garlic one night this week before bed to help kick my cold guys it totally helped. It took me from a 6 to a 3. Awesome that I feel better, not so awesome that I smelled like garlic for 24 hours straight after that.
12. Boxwalla did it again. Their December box featuring $174 worth of Earthwise Beauty is OFF THE CHAIN. Loving this gel serum and moisturizing balm. This would make a great holiday gift too FYI! Get it here!
13. This Fire Cider recipe (scroll down) was recommended to me and I’m so on it! Fire Cider is great as a daily tonic. It can be expensive though so I’m considering making my own – plus you can add citrus peels or rosehips for example for additional Vitamin C. Here are some more variations and a list of benefits it delivers.
THE LOCAL: A rundown on what’s up in Atlanta
1. November 3 + 4, 2018: A favorite in the city, the Chastain Park Fall Arts and Crafts Festival will be taking over the picturesque Chastain Park in Buckhead this weekend. Featuring over 125 skilled artisans and craftsmen, live music, a children’s area, gourmet food trucks and much more. This festival is free to attend, open to all ages and furry, four legged friends are welcome.
2. Hell Yeah Gluten Free – Why am I just hearing about this now!!??? Where else in Atlanta can you get a GF ghost pepper apple pie? A GF saffron banana pudding cake? GF Smoked cherry orange hand pies? Hell Yeah Gluten Free OFC! Want to see this come to brick and mortar!? You are not the only one. Hit up their Kickstarter here!
3. Check out the new superfood teas at BRASH! Only available in store.
5. November 11, 2018: Well Scene – So excited for this one-day women’s event that’s stacked with talks from doctors, professionals and experts – curated to help you live your best life NATURALLY. Plus I’ve seen the swag and it’s out of control. Only 120 seats! Code LISA will save you at checkout. See you there?
6. December 8, 2018: Watercolor + Mixed Media Workshop with my girl Jessica Durrant! Sooooo excited for this. A 4 hour workshop held in a historic home with goodies and treats. All supplies provided. I’m hoping I create Jason’s holiday gift here – too much? I set my expectations high but at the very least, check out Jess’s work – I have been using it in my FRIYAY posts for the past few weeks. OBSESSED.
7. East Fork is COMING TO ATLANTA this winter! Yeah, I said it. So excited. I have two of their Everyday Bowls and they are just the best plate/bowls ever. Will spend the rest of my life building out this collection.
8. Made my first ever acupuncture appointment – going here off a friends recommendation. I’m hoping it can help with stress management, IBS and PMS. I’m so excited. This is something I’ve been wanting to do forever!
10. Last, so sad to see Morning Dove coffee shop in the Buckhead Shops go. I loved that they served organic coffee with Treehouse Nut Milks – What’s your fave Atlanta coffee shop?
11. THE BEST YOGURT EVER IS BACK!!!! Hit up DTOX or Nuts and Berries for this dairy-free breakthrough! It came off the shelves for a few months over some bureaucracy – it’s not vegan because she formulates it with lactobacillus – but for those who are looking for a plant-based yogurt this is crazy good. Best I’ve ever had. It’s also $16/quart but so worth it!
What’s up with you?
Cover art by Jessica Durrant