My kids love these – pancakes with blended spinach. Spinach is pretty mild in flavor so if you can make it pass with the fun green factor then you got a morning dose of veggies in the bag.
Top these with nut butters or jelly or pair with a side of pastured/organic bacon to round out this meal with a little protein. Of course Grade A real maple syrup is always a great option too especially if it gets kids excited about eating. These keep in the fridge for the week or store great in the freezer for next week. Easy to warm in the oven or microwave in the morning and go. And if you are really on the go – slap em together and make a green pancake nut butter and jelly sandwich for the car ride. You got this mama!
- 1 cup of flour (gluten-free organic blend or flour of your choice)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of milk or nut milk
- 1 good handful of fresh spinach
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tablespoons of honey
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Blend wet ingredients and spinach.
- Mix together.
- If too dry add more milk.
- Butter a pan with ghee and cook cakes until light brown on each side.