Gifts for the home are some of the most versatile gifts you can give. They make great hostess gifts, teacher gifts, hairdresser gifts, MIL gifts, bestie gifts and the list goes on and on. Get ready to say, “SO CUTE!” like 500 times because we’ve rounded up some of the chicest ethical gifts for the home that you can give in 2021.
By: Lisa Fennessy
This post contains some affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase, TOG receives a small percentage of the sale price. Some brands may have paid a small fee to be featured. We only recommend brands that we truly believe in. Support our editorial work by supporting them!
IN THIS POST
One thing’s for sure: no one is coming over to your house this season if it smells bad. Okuur. But also while we are here, let’s not be too hard on ourselves. We’ve all been stuck inside for 18 gd months and all of our houses probably smell a bit. But it’s the holidays and we are doing it IN PERSON this year so let’s pull up our “back to life, back to reality” pants, open a few windows and start gifting Force of Nature.
Force of Nature makes a fantastic gift. How do I know? Well, I’ve gifted it to my mom and my sister and myself twice over. It’s really one of those life-changing products. This is a cleaning solution-making kit that you buy once—and then refills are less than $1 each.
How does it work? You add a premade vial of salt, water and vinegar to water and turn on the kit. Then the kit uses electrolyzed water to make a powerful disinfectant and deodorizer that kills upto 99.9% of germs including Salmonella, Norovirus, Listeria, STAPH, MRSA, Pseudomonas & Influenza A. It’s even on the EPA’s list of disinfectants for use against SARA-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19. This is what I use to clean my entire home including my kitchen and bathrooms but you can also use Force of Nature to deodorize, freshen up rooms, de-stink clothes (face masks), clean sports equipment and car interiors, sanitize hands…it also cleans mold and fungus as effectively as bleach and prevents it from returning (more here).
Check out their Super Saver Bundle ($109) that comes with everything you need to make 50 bottles of Force of Nature multi-purpose cleaner, deodorizer and EPA registered disinfectant, plus 9 super absorbent reusable cleaning cloths that together replace 25 rolls of paper towels.
So now we are giving the gift of a disinfected home that also smells good for the holidays and let me tell you, I’m here for all of that!
TOG EXCLUSIVE: Save 30% on bundles when you use code TOG30 here!
And if you are looking to make a bigger impact, consider donating to She’s The First, a non-profit whose vision is a world where every girl gets to choose her own future. She’s The First uses a rights-based approach to empower and educate girls so they are seen, respected and heard.
Sustainable Home Gifts Under $30
- Matching Mask and Pouch Set ($7)
- Wild Fermentation ($28)
- Terralite Desert Sage Candle ($24)
- White Sage Spray ($19)
- Prima Clean Hands Sanitizing Spray ($10) (Code ORGANIC20 will save you 20%!)
- Biodegradable Modern Vase ($19+)
- Fruitsuper Soap/Sponge Stand ($10)
- Kazi Round Display Basket ($22)
- A Couple Cooks’ Pretty Simple Cooking ($24)
- Experience Life One-Year Magazine Subscription ($28)
- Bone + Wood Heart Shaped Serving Spoon ($24)
- Bloomscape Beaded Macrame Hanging Plant Holder ($30)
- Uncommon Goods Uncommon Experiences ($25+)
- Handmade Cast Iron Squirrel Doorstop ($18)
- Osmia Hand-Poured Bar Soaps ($18)
- Marble Spice Cellar Pair ($30)
Sustainable Home Gifts Under $100
- Lekue Ice Box with Reversible Lid ($32)
- The Immigrant Cookbook ($35)
- Elite Glass Mason Jar Blender ($35)
- Our Place The Side Bowl (set of 4 $45)
- Ghia Non-Alcoholic Aperitif ($33)
- Chita Ceramic Mugs ($40)
- Our Place Drinking Glasses (set of 4 for $50)
- Reed Diffuser by Skandinavisk ($60)
- Morse Code Hand-Painted, Natural Coir Door Mat ($44)
- Everyday Photo Book made with recycled paper ($62)
- Customizable Street Map Wall Art (varies)
- Farm Girl Flowers Subscription ($59+)
- GOTS Certified Organic Kitchen Towel Set ($48)
- Dry Farm Wines Subscription ($100+)
- Vintage Candlesticks from Chairish ($59+)
Sustainable Home Gifts Over $100
- Force of Nature Super Saver Bundle ($109) (Code TOG30 will save you 30%!)
- Pure Ceramic Centerpiece Bowl ($110)
- Vitruvi Diffuser ($119)
- Mouth-blown Glass Martini Coupes ($126)
- Hatch Restore Smart Sleep Assistant ($129.99)
- Coyuchi Air Weight Organic Towels ($128+)
- Breville Centrifugal Juicer ($379)
- Cojoe + Co Perez Wall Hanging ($128)
- 300 Thread Count Organic Percale Sheets ($230+)
- 360 Waterless Slow Cooker ($289+) (Code THISORGANICGIRL will save you 20%!)
- Cute Throw ($120) or Another Cute Throw ($128)
- Anything Ron Giusti ($400+)
- Ceramic Stacking Trays ($125)
- Kodi Stewart Custom Family Watercolor ($100+)
- Vacilando Studios Handmade Quilt ($200+)
What’s catching your eye this year?