So many things to be thankful for this week. My Dad has been sick in the hospital for over two weeks and he is finally on the path to recovery. PRAISE BE. He will be in the hospital for a long time yet but he is getting stronger by the day so I am holding onto that.
When I got the call last week that he was in critical condition, I threw a bunch of things in a carry-on, headed straight to the airport and was across the country and by his bedside in under 8 hours. I ‘packed’ in such a frenzy – I’m so thankful I remembered to bring this, this and this.
Given I had 90 hours a day in the waiting room, here are a few inspirations from around the web.
- A real life mermaid in the world’s deepest pool. (Skip to :48)
2. So I guess swearing helps us deal with pain. I’m all over it with my new mantra.
3. The cheapest mattress that’s still comfortable and nontoxic. Yeah, I said it!
4. Want to start getting places? This babe says you gotta start parenting yourself with The 5 Second Rule. I like it.
5. Flight attendants won’t drink hot water, coffee or tea on an airplane. Here’s why. #JustPukedALittle #BYOC
6. Unilever invested in True Botanicals, this is what I think.
7. Putting these organic PJs on my xmas list!
8. Want FREE 100% grass fed ground beef for life!!?? Consider me your genie in a bottle because WISH GRANTED.
9. Listening to this book on Audible and loving every minute of it.
10. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this nontoxic shampoo will leave your hair clean, bouncy and smelling fresh! Code LISATRUE20 will save first timers on orders over $40!
11. Officially a convert of meat bars and it’s all thanks to this little number. So good! #CantStopWontStop
12. Want to see what’s This Organic Girl Approved at Sephora? Get your Sephora Shopping Guide here!
13. Peep Barak Obama’s summer reading list. Yasssss.
14. Organic pads – get it bruh.
15. I clean my whole house with this which kills 99% of germs + viruses including Norovirus, Salmonella, Staph, MRSA, Influenza A and Listeria. Use code YAYSCHOOL to save 50% + free shipping on starter kits!
16. Are you smarter than a 5th grader? I couldn’t complete this. (I got 18 wrong!)
Photo credit: minimoonnursery