The MightyFix delivers BIG IMPACT with SMALL CHANGES and will have you living clean in no time! Get one swap delivered to your door every month for just $11 AND get your first month for just $3 with code OGFIX3 – This is what 5 months of MightyFix looks like…
Thank you to MightyNest for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
One of the hardest things about clean living is figuring out WHERE TO START. I remember the day I found out there were health compromising toxins in my lotion, makeup and deodorant.
Then I realized the same went for our laundry detergent, dryer sheets, candles and diapers too. Then came mattresses, pajamas, paint and furniture and at that point I was convinced I could never leave the house, buy conventional personal care or ever eat out again.
Those were the dark days. I literally went rogue and started making my own EVERYTHING. I’m talking lip balm, lotions…I even ordered organic beet root powder and called it blush.
So that lasted about 2 weeks until the day I tried making my own foundation with cinnamon and I knew something needed to change. The fact of the matter is, we just can’t do it all. And the other fact of the matter is, there are a lot of great resources out there so we don’t have to.
At that time, I scoured the internet, started following bloggers, ordered products, explored labels, ordered more products and several years later, I kinda feel like I’ve got the hang of it. But I’ll tell you what. It would have been a lot more enjoyable, fun and even liberating if I had someone holding my hand throughout the whole “transitioning to clean living” process.
Less failures, less money spent and less time wasted, less frustration…it would have meant a happier and healthier me.
RELATED: Go-To Nontoxic Cleaning Supplies
Well, I’ve got a solution. Let me be the first to introduce you to MightyNest. MightyNest is charged with making clean living simple and sustainable. They offer a monthly subscription service called MightyNest that delivers healthy, clean alternatives to commonly used goods. They also offer resources, support and insights throughout the month on how to implement these small but mighty changes.
I love this model because it’s all about baby steps. And I truly believe that focusing on one change at a time can limit frustration and at the same time build confidence and know-how.
MightyFix helps you find healthy, eco-friendly products you wouldn’t have found otherwise. And it gives you the tools to make noticeable progress in a short time with minimal effort.
How Mighty Fix works
MightyNest is a monthly subscription delivering healthy clean product swaps that you can easily add to your routine.
- Products include nontoxic cleaning, solutions to help exclude one-time plastic or disposable use, safe food storage, nontoxic environmental solutions and clean body care.
- All products are selected to expand your impact. By reducing single-use plastic for example, we are not only making our homes more healthy but the planet as well.
- Customize your experience. You can choose what works for you! For example; a “vegan only” experience or you could request “no body care.”
- Receive exclusive, member-only deals on seasonal specials and essentials.
- Add any additional product to your monthly box and it will ship for free inside the continental US.
MightyFix is typically $11/month but you can join and get your first fix for just $3 with code OGFIX3
Did I mention MightyNest makes an awesome birthday or holiday gift too? It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
I tried MightyFix for 5 months and this is what it looked like…
So I tried the MightyFix subscription for 5 months and I’m breaking down what each month delivered here. There is no exact order to what arrives each month so take my experience as a snapshot to what you can expect.
Month 1: Wool Dryer Balls
Eliminating dryer sheets from your home is one of the most powerful and simplest swaps you can make TODAY! Dryer sheets can be loaded with potential health compromising components like Alpha-Terpineol which causes central nervous system disorders, depression and headaches. Campor which is on the EPA’s Hazardous Waste List and causes dizziness, confusion, nausea, twitching muscles and convulsions. Chloroform, which is neurotoxic and carcinogenic….and that’s not to mention Benzyl Alcohol, Ethyl Acetate, Linalool, Pentane….and the list goes on. Living Healthy blog did a good job of breaking it down you can check it out here. On top of that, buying and using dryer sheets creates unnecessary waste which is a major buzz kill.
But don’t fret. MightyFix delivers a simple and easy solution to the dryer sheet situation; DRYER BALLS.
If you haven’t heard of dryer balls, you add them to your dryer load and they help clothes dry faster. They can also help to keep static low too. The specific set that MightyFix sends out is made from hand spun New Zealand wool and can last for over 1000 loads.
A couple of things I love doing to customize my dryer ball experience:
- Add a couple of drops of my favorite essential oil to each ball to keep clothes smelling fresh and good.
- After clothes have finished drying, I take the balls out, dampen them a tad, put them back in and turn on the load for another couple of minutes. This helps reduce any excess static.
- Grab a cute, artisan made basket to store all your laundry goods in like this one!
I love this swap so much that I’ve teamed up with MightyFix so that you can start your MightyFix subscription with these DRYER BALLS. Use code OGFIX3 which will also get you your first month for just $3 – and these dryer balls will arrive as your first month swap!
Month 2: Reusable Dish Cloths
I have to say, I fell in love with this swap right away because it reminds me of my grandma. She always had small knitted cloths that she used as sponges. (I secretly always wished she would knit me one.) Was this just her or was this a sign of the times? I still don’t know but I just loved this personal touch so much.
The set from MightyFix includes 5 Full Circle Tidy cloths and they are cute and eco friendly as heck! MightyNest recommends using these instead of paper towels to reduce your paper towel usage by 45 pounds every year. These cloths are made with chemical-free, organic cotton and non-toxic dyes. Throw them in the washer and dryer and use them again and again.
I like the idea of having two sets on hand, each in a different color. One for general cleaning and one for drying dishes, hands and wiping faces but that’s just me!
Month 3: Produce Bags
BYO produce bags require minimal effort but can make a big difference when it comes to the health of our planet. According to MightyNest, one trillion plastic bags are used worldwide and billions end up as litter every year. And because plastic bags are not recyclable or biodegradable, this is a big problem.
If we don’t start paying attention to our single use plastic consumption (and do something about it), One Green Planet reports there will be more plastic in the oceans than fish by 2050.
I was so excited to see a set of Flip & Tumble produce bags arrive at my door. These are made from a fine mesh material so they are strong enough to hold heavy product yet flexible enough to hold wonky shaped product too like large celery bunches. And they are also breathable, mold resistant, quick drying and washer/dryer friendly too.
This set of 5 bags are all the same size making it easy to pick up fruits, veggies and bulk items like beans, nuts and rice without creating any additional waste.
The only downside here was, I personally need more than 5 produce bags!
Month 4: Bee’s Wrap
Use Bee’s Wrap as an alternative to plastic wrap and check “reduce single-use plastic use” off on your to-do list! Why is that important? Here’s a quick rundown from a World Economic Forum report called The New Plastics Economy:
- 95 percent of plastic packaging (with an annual value of around $80–120 billion) is lost to the economy after its first use.
- Only 14 percent of plastic packaging is collected for recycling. When additional costs associated with sorting and reprocessing are factored in, only five percent of packaging is retained for subsequent use.
- Each year, at least 8.8 MILLION TONS of plastics leaked into the ocean: the equivalent of dumping the contents of one garbage trucks into the ocean every minute!
- Unless corrective action is taken, this figure is expected to increase to two trucks per minute by 2030, and four per minute by 2050.
- The oceans currently hold over 150 million tons of plastic waste.
- And finally … if the “business-as-usual” scenario is allowed to continue, the oceans will contain one ton of plastic for every three tons of fish by 2025, and MORE plastic than fish by 2050.
Bee’s Wrap is made of sustainably sourced beeswax, GOTS-certified organic cotton muslin, organic jojoba oil and tree resin. You can use it as a sustainable swap to plastic wrap: wrap up a half an avocado, a hunk of cheese, sandwiches, veggies or to cover a bowl or plate with no lid. When you’re done using it, rise with cold water and use a mild soap and scrub if necessary. Hang dry or flat and use again and again.
This set comes with two sheets. One larger and one smaller.
I have been a long time user of these types of wraps. I’ve tried a couple different brands and I can officially say they are a viable alternative to plastic wrap. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- These are not spill/leak proof. If you use them to cover a soup or stew for example, they will keep things from getting into the bowl but if the bowl tips, it will probably leak.
- They get softer with time and eventually lose their stick/grip. They can last up to a year but may require replacement sooner if you use them more frequently. But all of that is okay because they are 100% compostable and therefore guilt-free to replace.
- Cut old Bee’s Wrap into strips and compost or wrap around a log to use as kindling.
- They are not ideal for storing meat.
Month 5: Clean body care
Okay this selection was right up my ally. I was really excited and pleased to see that out of all the available brands to choose from, MightyFix chose to feature All Good skincare as a clean skincare swap. This is a truly clean brand with so much to offer. I love their sunscreens, lotions and lip balms too. Clean, effective and affordable.
Choosing clean skincare eliminates health compromising ingredients like fragrance. This is important because although companies are required by law to disclose all ingredients in a product per the Fair Trade and Packaging Act – they can not be forced to disclose “trade secrets” which includes fragrance materials. The word “fragrance” on a label can house complex mixtures of up to thousands of materials. Studies show these chemicals may be linked to a variety of health problems including allergies, skin reactions, endocrine/hormone disruption and possibly even birth defects (source).
The All Good Goop Handcrafted Balm is made with organic herbs, organic olive oil and beeswax. It’s also gluten free and GMO free. This formula is also made with organic calendula grown on All Good’s farm and it’s great for cuts, scrapes, cracked heels, burns, bites, diaper rash and almost anything that needs soothing.
Small changes can make a big impact
I love that MightyFix introduces small, manageable, EASY swaps that truly deliver BIG IMPACT. Big impact for our own personal health and for the health of our planet.
This is an awesome subscription for anyone looking to start making some healthy swaps. Or for someone who is currently living a greener lifestyle and wants to discover new products that makes clean living even easier. But my ultimate, most favorite way to recommend MightyFix is to send it as a gift to someone you love. What better way to say I LOVE YOU than clean living swaps in their mailbox every month!?
I love this service so much, I’ve teamed up with MightyNest so you can start your MightyFix subscription for just $3 for your first month. Use code OGFIX3 at checkout and start living clean today!
LIKE IT? PIN IT!