I grew up on tuna salad in hot dog buns with a side of salt and vinegar chips. I still have a weakness for this combo but these days my go-to is wild caught salmon salad on whole grain brown rice cakes topped with avocado – and more avocado on the side because avocado on everything.
I love Wild Planet canned fish. The canned salmon ingredients are wild caught salmon and sea salt. Real simple, real clean. This company values sustainability which is important for protecting ecosystems and providing food for future generations.
Farmed fish is often fed GMO corn and raised in cramped, man made environments. Not great. People will buy farmed fish because they don’t want to support over fishing our oceans. It’s a valid point but farmed fish is simply not as nutrient dense as wild caught.
This is a great salad for sandwiches, as a side, as a dip with crackers, on rice cakes, rolled in lettuce wraps or straight up. 100% healthy. 100% delish.
- 2 cans of Wild Planet salmon
- 1/2 cup clean mayo like Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- S/P to taste
- Open cans of salmon, empty into hand and squeeze out excess liquid.
- With hands or a fork, flake the salmon into fine bits.
- Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Try not to eat two cans of salmon.