Guys, I have been dying to write about this mask. DYING! I got a sample of the new Moisture Lock Overnight Mask in the mail two days after it dropped but by then True Botanicals had already sold out of it and buyers were on a wait-list. TWO DAYS AFTER RELEASE!
I didn’t want to torture anyone so I kept quiet about it until it hit the shelves again which was just this past week. So it’s here, fully stocked and charged to revolutionize your skin. Say hello to True Botanicals Moisture Lock Overnight Mask.
First of all, when MADE SAFE Certified, True Botanicals – THE True Botanicals that eradicated my hormonal acne and balanced my combo skin with their Clear Line in just three weeks…..THE SAME True Botanicals that saved me from reverting to Pantine ProV when no other clean shampoos could get the job done… Those EXACT True Botanicals who… okay you get the picture. So needless to say, when True Botanicals – drops a new product, you know it’s getting my full attention.
If you are new to True Botanicals, code LISATRUE20 will save first-timers $20 on orders $40+
This time? It’s all about their brand new Overnight Moisture Lock Mask. What does it do? First and foremost, this mask has been PROVEN to increase skin’s hydration +25.2% in just 24 hours. And +37.7% after a week of consistent use. PROVEN. What more does a girl need!?
More like a cream than a mask
The first thing that surprised me upon opening OMLM was that it actually looks more like a cream than a mask. And then after applying, it actually behaves more like a cream than a mask. So once I started thinking about it like a treatment cream rather than a mask, I felt like I could wrap my head around what it has to offer.
Even better than that, it goes on light, sheer, and almost weightless. Sinking right in and creating a thin, protective veil for the face. It’s designed to be used as the last step in your nighttime routine to really seal and lock in all of your products and moisture. And it does. True Botanicals says you will get an increase in surface skin hydration when you pair it with their Pure Radiance Oil. I noticed results with Pure Radiance and also with other oils too.
RELATED: Read my full review on their new Pure Calm Radiance Oil.
I was so intrigued, I’ve even tried wearing it during the day which you totally can do. I asked True Botanicals just to be sure and here’s what they had to say;
We recommend Moisture Lock Overnight Mask be used at night as that is when the skin naturally repairs itself and we believe that is when it will gain the most reparative benefit from a treatment product. That said, if you have dry or dehydrated skin, applying it over your Pure Radiance Oil in the Morning in addition to your nighttime application is a great way to get extra moisture into your routine!True Botanicals
Soaks right in!
One thing that’s pretty much the bane of my overnight skincare treatments is they end up all over my pillowcase. It also doesn’t help that I sleep with a pillow on top of my head. I do it because it muffles all the sounds and at this point I’m so deep into this habit, I can’t break it (although I wish I could). I also wish I could sleep in face-up-plank so my face didn’t touch a thing at night. I mean I call BS on Mrs. Maisel with a face full of cold cream all night long. Come on. Are there really any successful back sleepers out there?! I digress.
So I finally learned my lesson and invested in some dark sheets but also I’ve started washing up earlier and earlier so I can actually reap the benefit of of all of this beautiful plant magic I apply nightly. I love the idea of washing up by 6 pm and then going to be by 10 pm so I have 4 hours of solid treatment time before laying down and deposit the rest onto my pillow.
But the difference here is Moisture Lock totally sinks in. Think of it more like a night cream you guys. Face oils wipe off on my pillow BUT applying Moisture Lock as a last step at night helps lock everything up retaining product and moisture.
My current nighttime routine FYI
- Take makeup off with this
- Cleanse skin with this milky cleanser
- Mist with this for more hydration
- Apply this oil serum to reduce fine lines and brighten
- Apply this face oil to lighten hyperpigmentation, feed skin and even skin tone
- Seal it all in with Moisture Lock
Good for all skin types
Also, in true True Botanicals fashion, the Moisture Lock packaging is one of a kind. Packaged in amber glass with a heavy beautiful embossed metal top. Moisture Lock is just as beautiful to hold in your hand as it is to use. It’s also fragrance free, free from pore-clogging waxes and suited for all skin types including acne-prone.
So let’s talk about what makes Moisture Lock so special
As we age, our skin has a harder time of retaining moisture and can become easily dehydrated. This is where Moisture Lock steps in.
In an Independent Scientific Clinical Study (a 33-subject randomized trial conducted September 24 – October 11, 2018), we learned that Moisture Lock Overnight Mask, used with Pure Radiance Oil, improved skin surface hydration in 100% of participants, both 24 hours after application and following one week of use.True Botanicals
Let’s check out the full ingredient list and see why. The following is taken from The True Botanicals website and paraphrased/shortened for readability. I’ve also bolded each ingredient that works to improve surface hydration so you can see how all of these ingredients work together to retain moisture.
- Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract – loaded with antioxidants to protect and prevent damage.
- Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter – rich in vitamins A and C, works to boost collagen and moisturize.
- Glycerin – a humectant and an emollient that helps to maintain water balance on an intercellular level.
- Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice – a moisture preserving humectant loaded with antioxidants like beta-Carotene, vitamins C and E.
- Squalane – olive-derived squalane helps to soften and tighten skin as well as regulate oil production.
- Hydrogenated Lecithin – a soy-based non GMO emulsifier that also aids in penetration.
- Phenethyl Alcohol – a preservative system. Preservatives are required for any formula that has liquid like water or aloe in it. A lot of modern day preservatives can be hazardous to our health but this one rates a 1 on the 0 (low risk) -10 (high risk) EWG toxicity scale.
- Ethylhexylglycerin – a preservative system. This one also rates a 1 on EWG.
- Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract – an anti-inflammatory active ingredient that soothes and calms skin.
- Tripeptide-29 – increases collagen synthesis which minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) – holds 1,000x it’s weight in water and helps the skin to retain moisture providing long lasting hydration.
- Sclerotium Gum – gelling agent with moisturizing properties.
- Organic Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Seed Oil – this oil dissolves the oil complex that holds dead skin cells together. Part exfoliant + part lubricant.
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract – contains potent inflammatory and calming properties to sooth, smooth and nourish.
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract – has moisturizing properties and aids in emulsification.
- Algin (Derived from Seaweed) – used as a thickening agent, it also contains vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to nourish and protect.
- Sodium Phytate (Derived from Rice Bran) – a bonding agent that helps to preserve the product.
- Citric Acid – helps to shed dead, flaky skin and encourage cell turnover improving overall tone and texture.
This NIH abstract points out; Moisturizers are commonly used to [improve skin conditions] reduce fine lines and make skin appear smooth and soft. While many products make extensive claims of skin rejuvenation, many of the beneficial effects of these products are actually due to the moisturizers they contain: ingredients like glycerin, petrolatum, and dimethicone.
Except, as you can see, True Botanicals does it clean, subbing dimethicone and petrolatum for moisturizing agents like Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice and Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid). Boom.
The Bottom Line
Okay, to put it quite frank, I don’t know how I’ve been living without Moisture Lock. Seriously. Now that I’m 40, I don’t have time…or moisture to lose.
Moisture Lock sells for $60 and with code LISATRUE20 – first timers will save $20 brining this nighttime necessity down to just $40!
Get Moisture Lock Overnight Mask here! And if you try it, leave a comment here and tell the world!
Photos by Monkey + Squirrel
LIKE IT? PIN IT!
TRUE BOTANICALS MOISTURE LOCK OVERNIGHT MASK
The Moisture Lock Overnight Mask is a rich and lightweight mask that has been proven to increase skin’s hydration by +25.2% in just 24 hours, and +37.7% after a week of consistent use.
- Nontoxic formula
- Retains the product and moisture right in the skin
- Certified organic ingredients
- Small size